Welcome to Accredo
Managing a complex condition isn’t easy. That’s why your health plan has chosen Accredo as a provider to fill specialty prescriptions beginning January 1, 2022. At Accredo, you’ll have access to personalized care and support from pharmacists and nurses specialty-trained in your condition.
Beginning on January 1, 2022, remaining refills of your specialty medication prescriptions currently being filled at your current specialty pharmacy will be transferred to Accredo pharmacy. Once your prescription is ready for order scheduling, Accredo will contact you to schedule your delivery.
Your prescription will not be automatically transferred to Accredo:
- If your prescription will expire before January 1, 2022
- If your prescription does not have any remaining refills
- If your prescription is a controlled substance
- If you have a new specialty medication prescription
- If your letter indicates you have a limited distribution drug
- If your prescription has special government regulations (i.e. REMS or Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy drugs)
If any of these apply, please contact Accredo at 833-715-0979.
Filling for the First Time
How to fill your prescription with Accredo for the first time.
- Once your prescription is ready for order scheduling, an Accredo patient care advocate will call you to schedule free delivery on a date that works for you. We’ll ship your medication with any special handling it may need, such as refrigeration
- If you receive copay assistance, please have the information ready so we can transfer it for you.
- Because your shipment is coming from a new pharmacy, you may notice changes in packaging, prescription labels and literature.
Key Benefits of Using Accredo
On January 1, 2022, as your new specialty pharmacy, Accredo offers you many benefits, including:
- 24/7 access to patient care advocates and specialty-trained pharmacists and nurses with extensive experience in your condition.
- Refill reminders based on communication preferences – call, text message, email or mobile app.
- Manage your specialty medications on accredo.com or on the Accredo® mobile app – you can even refill many medications online.1
- Accredo offers free delivery of your medication on a day that works for you.
- Most supplies, such as needles and syringes, are provided with your specialty medication at no charge.
- If you have questions prior to January 1, 2022, you can call Accredo at 833-715-0979.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I fill all of my specialty prescriptions at Accredo?
Please check your plan benefit coverage.
How do I start using Accredo?
For patients with remaining refills on an existing specialty medication prescription, your prescription, will be transferred to Accredo from your existing pharmacy. If your prescription is not eligible for transfer, Accredo will outreach to your prescriber to obtain a new prescription.
For patients with new specialty medication prescriptions, your physician can send any specialty medication order directly to Accredo, or you can contact Accredo at 833-715-0979 and we will work with your doctor on the rest.
Once received, Accredo will call you to begin the process of scheduling your first order.
For patients with limited distribution drugs, please contact your doctor to fax your prescription to Accredo at 888-302-1028 on or after January 1, 2022.
What if my prescription is due to be refilled the first week after January 1, 2022?
We prioritize shipments based on the need-by date for your prescription, so we will prioritize prescription refills needed in the first week after January 1, 2022. If your next refill is due before January 1, 2022, please call Accredo at 833-715-0979 so we can provide you options so you don’t go without your medication.
How long will it take to receive my specialty medications?
Accredo's turnaround time is based on the need-by date that we establish with you or your physician. In many cases, our turnaround time for new prescription referrals is 5 to 7 calendar days. This allows 2 to 3 days for a patient care advocate to work with you to coordinate shipment and delivery. Typically, our turnaround time for refills is 24 to 48 hours.
How do I refill my prescriptions?
After you’ve received your first order from Accredo there are several ways you can order subsequent refills. You can call us at the number on your prescription label or at 833-715-0979. Many medications can also be refilled safely online once registered at Accredo.com or via our mobile app. When it’s time to reorder, you'll receive a communication (phone call or text) to schedule shipment, so you'll never have to worry about running out of your medication.
If you are out of refills, we are ready to work with you and your doctor to help you receive the best possible care. To get started, simply contact an Accredo patient care advocate at 833-715-0979 and we will work with your doctor on the rest.
How can I find out how much my medication costs?
The cost of your medication will be reviewed with you during order scheduling.
If I’m already enrolled in copay assistance, will Accredo accept?
Yes, please provide that information during the call to schedule your first order.
How do I pay for my specialty medications?
You can pay by debit or credit card (American Express, Discover, MasterCard or Visa), with your checking account, or through a flexible spending account (FSA). You may also send a check via mail to: Accredo Health, Inc., PO Box 954041, St. Louis, MO 63195.
Is there an additional charge for shipping and handling?
No, Accredo offers free shipping with safe, on-time delivery. Accredo utilizes both UPS and FedEx carriers for delivery of orders.
My medication needs refrigeration. How will it be mailed?
Accredo uses special packaging and coolant packs for shipping and handling refrigerated prescription drugs. These processes maintain temperature within the range approved in the product’s labeling. Accredo also adjusts for current and forecasted climate conditions, as well as the package destination area.
Can I have my prescription sent overnight?
Overnight delivery may be an option for emergency medication needs, but is not guaranteed.
How do I know whether my medication is covered or whether there is a generic equivalent?
Accredo will complete a thorough check of your benefits for coverage of your specialty medication. If medications are not covered, you will be contacted to review available options.
1. Not available for all specialty medications.